So, I've been going to the gym during my days off. And apparently this "Zumba" thing is taking the world by storm. Apparently they also have underwater Zumba, which I have never heard of and actual class of... but I am telling you this just to show you how storm-world-taking it is. It's even reached the water - our final frontier (on earth). Further illustrating is that the gym I am attending has Zumba AT LEAST once a day... every day. Generally more. and since the gym is my new social life... I Zumba.
Disclaimer: I like Zumba in real life, but in my general life I will Zumba like once or twice a week.
Disclaimer the Second: I know a lot of people who are REALLY into Zumba, or even a few people who teach Zumba. And I like it. But...
What the hell are they wearing?
 |
| Here is my problem with these pants (WHICH EVERYONE WEARS!). Why are we paying so much attention to your bum? And to zippers. Zippers haven't been THIS cool since like 1955. |
 |
| and... everything says Zumba. |
 |
| And ripping your clothes... that makes them SUPER cool. In fact, on the website I got this picture was pimping a master class to TEACH you to become a "master ripper." Right? Because that's what you want. |
 |
| This is real. Leggings with a... well, an accent leg. |
So, Zumba. Listen up. I am not going to buy new clothes to go to you. (I don't care how much each and every instructor pimps that they can get me a discount or free shipping.) And I will also not buy your shoes (although I have stopped wearing my running shoes to you). I will, however, attend you, but I will also probably try to do 30 minutes of gym-time outside of your walls. And do you know why? Because most teachers take too long between dances. Because some of your teachers choreograph stupidly, and that's not a good workout. Because dancing is fun, but I still have energy afterward.
Also, I haven't seen people dress so crazily since Modern Dancers.
Until next time... keep doing what you're doing. But remember that people look at you. So don't dress like a crazy person.
End of Zumba rant.
Oh, also, if you haven't tried Zumba, you should. Dress like any kind of crazy person you want, apparently. They'll make more. :)
3 comments:
I'm glad you posted about appropriate zumba attire. Now I know that when I attend my first class, wearing my sewing cloth tape measure wrapped around one leg and a utility zipper duct taped to the other will appear more than normal-it will take the crowd by storm! Thanks for the inspiration! :)
And I wondered what I would do with the 10 foot long, one-inch-wide flourescent green scarf I had knitted... and then came The Zumba! I have a feeling it will come in handy, never mind how...and I'm counting on it to save me in the zombie apocalypse as well.
I love this post. I totally hated Zumba for a long time, but as a group fitness instructor, it is the only cardio anyone wants to do anymore! So I caved and certified. And I kind of love it! Also, it is more fun when you are at a university and old Asian professors, little heavy office ladies, and college guys are all rocking out together. Priceless! However, I HATE Zumba clothing and vow to never own those awful pants. Mostly because they are $80.
Post a Comment