Here is my problem with eating what is healthy (sometimes)... (clarification, it is sometimes my problem, not sometimes what is healthy).
Problem is that then I have to make said healthy food.
Sure, it would be totally easy if you were Oprah and you had a chef and you could come home from your morning of doing things (even cleaning... but let's be honest, I'd rather have someone to clean for me than to cook, since cooking fills me with joy and cleaning fills me with a need to have someone appreciate me for the hard work I've done). Anyway, so you get through with your morning of whatever... and you are hungry. Well, let's pretend that even though you hit "lifetime" in Weight Watchers and go to the gym 4-5 times a week, that your weight is slowly creeping up to an unhappy level. (totally hypothetical... let's just pretend.) In that case, you probably don't want to eat a Magnum bar for lunch.
I know this because I did it last week and found myself very unsatisfied. Ooh, not because it wasn't amazing. Just because it isn't a good lunch. I'm sure you understand.
Point? Aah, yes. So you want to eat healthy things... but all you have available at your fingertips are ice cream bars and milk duds... so you don't eat. You think "I'll have more energy in a few minutes, so I'll hold off until then, and THEN I'll have a healthy lunch."
This (if you are anything like me) repeats forever (with small bites of milk duds or something in between "to just hold you over") and finally ends with me eating what I didn't want to eat in the first place. Or something equally as bad. Except now, I've eaten all of the "just to hold you over" snacks as well.
And that's why until I have an Oprah-chef three days a week, I am going to eat unhealthy lunches at least one day a week. That's life.
2 comments:
I can completely relate to this. Lunch is the worst meal of the day simply because I hate making it. So then, snacking becomes my lunch and the snacks add up and then I feel guilty. Which reminds me, I haven't had lunch yet. Magnum bar, anyone. ;)
Isn't that why they invented the Microwave Meal? Frozen, costs about three dollars, heats in about four minutes? ...No? OK.
Something sadly disturbing about that PLATE in the picture... where have I seen that PLATE before?
Also - one day? When I was really hungry? And there were box lunches? But the only one left was ham? And I don't eat ham? But I took out the ham and just ate the bread with stone ground mustard and lettuce? And I don't even like lettuce on sandwiches? It turned out? It was really tasty. Especially the bag of potato chips.
...Does my Mother In Law have those PLATES?
Post a Comment