Thursday, July 7, 2011

why I don't use my Journal...

I don't journal.  Because if you miss something, you have to go back and do it again.  And inevitably by the time I've missed something, and then get around to writing about it, I have missed many many more things, which I have to go back and write about.  Thus making me procrastinate more.  Thus making my journaling suck.  It was not like this with the blog, which is why I liked the blog.  But then so much really IMPORTANT stuff happened that the blog turned to journal, and the journal turned to procrastination.  And the procrastination turned to eating ice cream.
as you can see... a lot of procrastination... a lot of ice cream...

So I am sure you can see my blogging dilemma.  Anywho, many important things have been happening, internets.  A few of them are mentioned here.  If you were involved with something not mentioned here, and think it should be mentioned, please let me know and I may include it in a future blog post.  Or I may "forget about it."  Or actually forget... you know... because of procrastination.

Big news in the life of the Sarah: The husband is home.  Home from Afghanistan and sleeping in a real bed and not a cot, and doesn't have to wear body armor or get shot at, and he gets real meals... it's pretty great.  So thank you all for your thoughts and well-wishes while he was away.  I am happy he is home, and happy to have that stress off my plate.

just on the ground.  And so happy to see him.


Other large news in the life of the Sarah:  We live in Kentucky.  Yup, and not the adorable, classy part like Louisville.  (trust me, if you go to Louisville, you will find it to be adorable and classy for those people who I've already lost...) Nope, we live in a field.  Seriously, we aren't on google maps, or on anyone's GPS (makes ordering pizza suck), you just say "go past the freeway, and then past a large sign and then you'll see a white fence and turn left."  Some may argue that this violates my very strict "into town" rule.  (for those who need a refresher course, if you have to use the phrase "into town" you live too far away from town for Sarah to live there.)  And to those people I say "possibly."  Because you CAN get to a grocery store in less than 5 minutes, which is better than some houses I've lived in recently (I'm looking at you, Ft. Benning...), I'm going to let it slide on a technicality.  And on CUTENESS... picture blog to follow.  (WHAT?  Now I have to clean the house so I can take PICTURES?  fml.)

And in THIRD news: I just got back from a cruise.  A CRUISE!  To the Caribbean!  Where we stopped at Tortuga (apparent Grand Cayman used to be called Tortuga... and shall henceforth be called that again on this blog). 
that has got to be the ugliest pirate picture I've ever seen.  It's hot in Tortuga, and that pirate is wearing my hat...
 And we went to the Mayan Ruins of Tulum.
Tulum.  Look at that water.  And the ancient wall.

And we could not stop in Belize which I was the most excited about because of gusts 30-40 knots.  Having no experience in sailing or nautical terms (apart from a sailor dress Jon McBride will be happy to tell anyone about that I wore for 7th grade pictures), I'm going to tell everyone that the wind was REALLY windy, and it was hard to not be blown over on the top decks of the ship... so no cave tubing for me.  Ooh yes, but I did go to Roatan.  and OH MY GOODNESS it was beautiful. (Probable Roatan-only blog to come.  If you want a teaser, google it and stand back for amazement at what you find....) 

Yes, all these things have happened.  And now I have blogged about them, thus getting over my "but I need to blog about that first" handicap, and putting me back on the blogging straight and narrow.  Internets, welcome to a new chapter.

A chapter called "but what did you do in Kentucky?"  well, I'll tell you...

2 comments:

Becky Youkstetter said...

Finally - good to see some pictures. I don't use my blog as a journal but there are definitely times where I feel like I should. That adds too much stress. I am a terrible journal writer as well. Love you - glad Matt is home - not glad you live in a GPS lacking field - and glad you experienced a cruise.

The Internets said...

We, the Internets, would like to be Capitalized when referenced on your Blog. We like to feel Important. Thanks.

Also, cool pictures. Matt looks cute in his spectacles.