I'm sure you can imagine how difficult it would be to blog if you were easily distracted. Now think about if you were easily distracted and if every time you sat down to type anything an adorable dog put his head on your lap, or your keyboard. Don't you think that would make it harder to blog? Because, seriously, that's why I haven't blogged in a while.
Luckily for you, and sad for everyone else, Barney is at the vet for a few days to get his heartworm taken care of (BOO!). And that means less sad eyes telling me to stop what I'm doing and pet him, and more exciting blog posts from yours truly (Hooray!).
END OF EXPLINATION
-sett-
I just know you've all been waiting on the edge of your collective seat. And, without further adieu, I bring you a blog (WITH PICTURES!!!???!!!) about the phenomenally successful and most favorite of holidays... Thanksgiving.
So, I'm sure you can all imagine what a horrible mess I made at Thanksgiving. It was my first big holiday where I had to be in charge and make more than two things. It was my first Thanksgiving without my mom around (although thank HEAVEN for talking for FREE on the mobile phones...), and it was my first pie.
This is the world's ugliest cherry pie. The top crust doesn't even touch the bottom crust in ANY places. And, you may be wondering, is that lattice work I put on the top to make it look so "rustic" and "definitely not store-bought?" no... that's me thinking that I'd make the over-processed pie dough less-processed by rolling it out less. But don't mock because it ended up actually looking like a pie! (which was KIIIINDA what I was going for...)
THIS, however, was NOT what I was going for. This is me taking a "baby step" and making orange roll "monkey bread" instead of actually making orange rolls (which are more supposed to be shaped like cinnamon rolls). And all of this is more supposed to be less dripping delicious orange goo all over. But what it was was a big mess.
I mean a HUGE mess all over my kitchen.
But overall, I think I did alright for the day.
Check out all the awesome food groups. And my first gravy ever. Which turned out AWESOMELY as well... I don't mean to brag but apparently my mother saying "ooh you know how to do that. You've watched me do it a million times" is like the think system from the Music Man. You don't actually have to learn how to do it - you just think about it, and when the time comes it works like a frickin charm.
So, friends, what have we learned from this post?
A) You really do learn things from musicals.
B) Have Sarah cater your next party - you won't be sorry unless you care about having matching dishes to serve out of.
C) If pie is eatable it passes
D) All of the above
Ooh, and by the way... everyone loved the pie.
4 comments:
I always knew there was reason that the Music Man was written ... for STT's first Thanksgiving! Done.
congrats. i always believe that presentation is over rated, and if is still tastes delicious who cares what it looks like :)
I've always known A. The think system ruuuules!
certain foods (or food groups) i don't think so much have to look good, i mean a good looking orange roll monkey bread thingy, or a gooey yummy one, granted both would be nice, but in my world it tends to never happen, looks fabulous, glad it was all edible and yay for you!
Post a Comment