Monday, December 21, 2009

Someday soon we all will be together...

It's time for CHRISTMAS MOVIE QUOTES!

Here are my all time favorite Christmas Movie Quotes.  Feel free to add some of your own.  It's begining to feel a lot like Christmas... right here on this blog.

#1) "Be Sure To Drink Your Ovaltine... Ovaltine?  A crummy commercial?  Son of a bitch."
{I'm not sure why children swearing is so funny.  In real life, not as much {espeically if it's your children or family}.  Take, for another example, my favorite quote in the movie Goonies. Chunk: "Soda?  Damn!"  It's just hilarious.}  Anywho, A Christmas Story is a Christmas Eve classic.

See?  Every year... 24 hours of A Christmas Story.  It's there to entertain during all last-minute wrapping and any and all time needed away from family.  


2) "Buddy the Elf - what's your favorite color?"  Elf Elf Elf... why is it so funny?  This blog could be litterally FILLED with Elf quotes if I didn't restrain myself "I like to smile.  Smiling's my favorite." "You stink. You smell like beef and cheese! You don't smell like Santa." "You did it! Congratulations! World's best cup of coffee! Great job, everybody! It's great to be here."  I could go on and on... but asking someone what their favorite color is when you answer the phone... that's holiday magic.



“Hey Buddy, you wanna go pick some snowberries?”
“Not now, Arctic Puffin!”
 (How cute is that Arctic Puffin!!!)

3) "And what happened then? Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then - the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of *ten* Grinches, plus two!"  leave it to Dr. Seuss to say so much in one sentance.  Christmas isn't about presents, people can change, and you can be more than you thought you could be... (ooh my goodness, I think I might cry...)



4) "Let's just say we're doing it for an old pal in the army."  White Christmas is a classic movie that no holiday celebration should do without.  And although it took me years to understand why both of the girls didn't have dresses to go out in ("I wore the dress, while I stayed home.") I love the whole ridiculous story.

But, maaaaaan... look at that dress...

5) "Thank you. That will be nice. Yes is being my answer. Easy question"... "You learned English?" "Just in cases."  Love Actually DOES exist.  aaah... for those who don't know, this is from Love Actually.  My favorite game to play is to ask people which of the FABULOUS story lines they would like to see drawn-out into a full movie.  I find it to be quite a telling answer.


So now everybody... watch the movie and then tell me what you think. (mine is Liam Neeson and his little boy.  SO adorable.)

I love Christmas movies.  As my friend Becks said "One of the best parts about Christmas is sitting around watching movies you have seen at least 29 times - and still loving them."  *quel sigh*.

As Neil Diamond said "May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmasses be any color you like."  Merry Christmas.


I'm going to go stare at my tree for an hour, and then eat a whole roll of Tollhouse Cookiedough as fast as I can, and then I'll snuggle... with my dog, I guess :)

1 comment:

Ramsey said...

Love Actually is my favorite movie. I watch it all year long!
I love this interaction between Daniel and Sam:
Daniel: Tell her that you love her.
Sam: No way! Anyway, they fly tonight.
Daniel: Even better! Sam, you've got nothin' to lose, and you'll always regret it if you don't! I never told your mom enough. I should have told her everyday because she was perfect everyday. You've seen the films, kiddo. It ain't over 'til its over.

And of course Natalie talking to the Prime Minister (I LOVE their relationship!)
"He says no one's gonna fancy a girl with thighs the size of big tree trunks. Not a nice guy, actually, in the end." LOL!
Best movie ever!