Wednesday, September 9, 2009

When the whole wide world is fast asleep...

What?  Two blogs in one day?!!?  Sarah, you must have an event going on at the SPCC.  And I do.

I just came in from walking our (temporary) pet dog.  The husband is asleep, the dog is nessled up against my feet (seriously, this dog is an attention whore, and I LOVE her for it) and I'm a little too awake from the fast-paced two miles we just did for our evening walkies (what can I say?  I felt bad for leaving her home all day...). 

It's times like this that I think how good and how blessed my life is.  Seriously.  I have good friends.  I have a wonderful husband.  I have a dog who loves and obeys me.  I had wonderful dinner tonight that I didn't spend more than 1:15 on a microwave to cook (thanks, leftovers!).  Today was crisp and I wore all black.  I watched Warehouse 13 without being scared beyond all reason.  And tomorrow is Glee!


Never mind that my alarm is going off in the hour which shall not be named (five, for those of you who didn't already know).  Never mind that tomorrow will certifiably rival today for "most horrific day of work in months."  Never mind that we have to give the dog back.  Never mind tomorrow the Autum-spell will be over and we'll be back in the high 80's.

For right now I am happy.  And ready for bed.

1 comment:

Ben said...

Great post Sarah, your gratitude is so uplifting ^^

What is Warehouse 13 about?