That's right! It IS the most horrible-looking woman you've ever seen in a non-ironic "come hither" pose. And although I'd like to say I laughed and laughed, I'm going to go out on a truth-limb and say I screamed a little bit and then told the office I hated them. See, the problem is that this has been going around.
Just a week earlier (thanks to my boss) the co-worker Jason opened his office up to see this beautiful sight...
It's a whole flock. Nay, a gaggle of cardboard hysteria that a convention was simply going to trash. So it's been going around the office. I shouldn't have been surprised when one ended up in my office. Or when another surprised me around the dark corner where our water-cooler lives. Or the guy in the suit up by reception. (I think you all get the idea...) But the truth is -- when you think there is a person where you are sure no person should be... it's scary.
And that's the truth.
Besides cardboard hilarity ensuing, something else stunningly fabulous happened this week. The Autumnal Solstace (God bless us, every one...). To celebrate fall, I went on a gay double date to my favorite waffle shop. Now, I realize that I blog more about the waffles than a) anything else and b) a rational person should, but that's only because waffles are such a joyus activity in my life, that I almost always remember to photograph the experience. And iPhone photos make for interesting blogging. And interesting blogging is why you flock here by the tens.
This week a new flavor was added to the waffle menu (for a limited time only... peaches and creme anglaise. It was heaven. Here are the reviews:Ryan Bott:
"The difference between these waffles and regular waffles is the difference between making love and having sex."Sarah Thompson:
"It is as if it was sent from heaven in one motion. It went HEAVEN--Waffle."
Jon McBride:
"BIRD! Eat this fry!"
(see... Jon just kept playing with the birds, and then laughing at how cute they were when they ate the fries... and then he almost killed them when a car ran through his "all the fries you can eat schmorgisboard." I mean, he loved the waffles too... he just REALLY loved feeding the birds.)
So if you ever wonder to yourself "gosh, I wonder if that waffle place Sarah should get to sponsor her blog is any good," you don't have to take my word for it!






2 comments:
Oh Sarah, how I adore you! Thank you for sharing this today... did you mention where your favorite waffle place is? I'd like to try it...
Oh man, Make-A-Wish is HUGE on pranks. I wish that we had those cardboard cut outs.
Post a Comment