Sometimes people say this blog right here is "insightful." This one will not be. If that's that you're looking for, please keep on e-stalking until you get to someone with something more productive to say. This blog will be selfish.
I LOVE... a good song. Don't you love a song you listen to and it means something to you? It might be the first time you listen to it (Rock and Roll by Eric Hutchinson) or the 235th(You and I Both by Jason Mraz). Or it might be Frank Sinatra's My Way and be timeless. You can turn on a song and it transports you. Sometimes you're transported to a memory (Anna Begins), but sometimes it just engulfs you where you're standing. I love a good song like I love a good snowcone (in or out of season). And, my peeps, that is really something.
I LOVE... fall. The jackets, the shoes, the smell in the air. The feeling of cool air on your face. The idea of buying a new scarf. Wearing the jackets I've been buying/saving all summer long. Jumping in leaves, that damp cool feeling that makes you want to trick-or-treat. I love it. I love it. Fall makes me feel giddy. I want to be in love and take walks in the mountains. I want to come home and have some hot chocolate. Let's all fast and pray that we have a long autumn this year.
I LOVE... changing my mind mid-blog. Now here are things that...
I DISLIKE.
- hiding things I'm not ashamed of
- beets
- leftovers more than 2 days old
- birds
- going to sleep with less than 100 pages of a good book
- bugs in my house
- box elder bugs (Yes, they get their own bullet! I will squish them in their own environment, which I am usually against)
- blisters
What are some things you like? Some things you can't have around you? Are you going to join in my prayer-chain for fall?
4 comments:
I will join your fall prayer chain! I love fall because you can still wear sassy heels without socks. (Who am I kidding? I do that in the winter too, but it's just not as comfortable. Who buys nylons these days anyway?) I only heartily disagree with you on one point. I love beets! My aunt cans them and brings them to every family dinner, but I think I'm the only one who eats them.
I LOVE... a good night to myself, filled with either (1) Thai food and a good movie on the couch or (2) ice cream in a bubble bath while watching a good movie. Yes, all three must be included at the same time. Yes, I have a TV in my bathroom.
I DISLIKE... red licorice; always have. Don't even like the smell. This is the only treat that Tim gets all to himself. I do like black licorice.
hey, that's funny... "anna begins" always takes me back in time, too, although not to any specific memory. sometimes it makes me cry.
i love beets. i'm sorry that you hate them. i love beets and their magenta stalks and their delicious green leaves. i like cooked beets and raw beets; i like all beets.
you should come out here and see autumn in new england. the leaves are UNBELIEVABLE. i'm serious, you should come. fall in utah is very nice, but fall in massachusetts is utterly divine. we have a futon, and you're invited!
i am eating beets right now.
I also HATE beets. They stain everything, and come on... they're icky.
Post a Comment