Green Beans (apparently even as a baby I would spit them out - very smart of me)
Beets
Chili
Hamburgers
Meatloaf
Broccoli
Green Peppers
Clam Chowder
List of foods I have eaten in the last 24 hours:
4 Popsicles
protein shake
Peach Cobbler (w/ haggen das ice cream)
Meatloaf
Broccoli
Chili
Chicken nuggets
SERIOUSLY? I ate THREE THINGS I used to hate in the last 24 hours? This has thrust me into at least a moment of introspection from which I have emerged with this thought: as a human being, we are living, changing, evolving things and can't be smooshed into a mold forever.
Sometimes I feel parents are the most guilty of this. After all, they have known you your entire life... and they see you change a lot. It is interesting, then, that after a certain point, they refuse to see your progression. Example: in high school I went on and off this idea of not watching rated-R movies. However, since college, I have not held to this idea and have instead had an internal-selection-system (mostly based on the idea that if it will give me nightmares, it is OUT). Now i'd like to take you to a conversation my brother and I were having not too long ago. I don't remember the name of the movie so I will call it X-movie.
Chris: have you seen X-movie?
Sarah: ooh, yes. I liked the part where the people did the things.
Chris: that part was good, but I liked where people did stuff.
Sarah: Dad, have you seen X-movie?
Mr. Timms: No, I haven't. And neither have you, Sarah. You don't watch rated-R films.
(SCENE)
We are, each of us, dynamic, changing people. And we have to learn how to love people, and love them as they change to be happy in this life. In any relationship (marriage, family, friendship, work) when something new happens we have to accept that we change, they change, the "US" of a relationship after WE change will change as well. and the new "US" is not better or worse, it's just new. Evolving. Like how I ordered a small chili for lunch at my local Wendy's.
In completely un-related comments (like we all love):

This is Troy.

This is troy's new conscience.
IT's ME!
I'm so excited. So if ever anyone has questionable things they want Troy to do, they have to be approved by ME. This is very exciting and I am not currently accepting bribes. Probably.

THIS is what it looks like at conventions. And my first large convention is DONE. And, just as I suspected, I was awesome. Screw you people who said I'd never done this before and needed more help. I can do it all BY myself. (very Land Before Time of me...)
And, finally, I would like to give a shout-out to all the apartment complexes in the world that allow dogs. I want a dog. And an apartment. But these things apparently aren't supposed to mix. and that makes for sad times in the no-puppy life of Sarah Timms.
5 comments:
I wish I could send this blog to a certain someone and that she would read it and ponder on her current relationships with family members. Thank you for your insight. And if you want a dog in your apartment you should move to Houston. They love dogs down here. I even have a dog park where I live. :)
Sarah is in need of a DVD copy of Disney's so-called "Classic" film PINOCCHIO. $5.00 to the first person to send Sarah this film, so she can witness first hand exactly what happens to someone's Conscience when it gets out of line... I mean, I haven't seen the film since I was a child, but doesn't somebody skoosh Jiminy Cricket about half-way through? Or are they just EATEN BY A WHALE??? Take your pick... but be conscientious in your Conscience decisions. (And have FUN, because this could completely be jealousy talking.)
Loved the scene, since I've lived the play. :-)
You should be a journalist. The end.
i don't get meatloaf...i never have, i ate it once, and couldn't figure out why we weren't just having hamburgers, or keema (a paki dish) i don't get it.....
YOU DID IT. You did it. You didn't think we'd do and indeed you did!!! :) I knew you would. Sorry this is late posting, I know it was a few weeks ago. And I'm dang proud of you for eating Brocolli and Meatloaf in one day :) Very grown up of you!!
Post a Comment