I can hear that all the way from here. That feeling if disbelief. (yup, I hear feelings...) Like you don’t think I’ll ever actually do a Disneypost. Just like I didn’t do an entire Savannah post (hey, I’m still waiting for my mother to send me pictures from Savannah… I’ll blog about it if you give me the tools). And just like I promise to Blog more, but then I don't. Well in this case anyway, I wasn’t lying. I'm going to do a Disneypost. Hows about right... NOW!
DISNEYLAND 2010!
(also known as “Sarah needs something to do while her husband is deploying so she should plan something awesome.” Also known as “we should be more grown-up that this, but I’m happy we’re not.)
See… umm… we should have been adults about this trip and stayed in a super-nice hotel because we’re all grown-ups with careers. But, and what are you going to do, we shoved 6 people into the most ghetto and horrible “family suite” imaginable. But for like $75 a night, what can you expect?
You can expect to have a funny time. Especially because it was my first time in Halloween Time in the Disney-universe.
Can I just say how wonderful it was? First of all… it was cold (please see jacket in every picture). Colder than when I last went to Disney which was February. And if it’s cold and perfect weather, everyone in Southern California will be at the park, so maybe you should not go on the weekend. And Second of all, it was ADORABLE. Want proof?
PHOTOPALOOZA!
This is Halloween.Halloween.
Halloween. (see, it's relevant because a) these are Halloween decorations and b) The Haunted Mansion has been all tricked out in the Nightmare Before Christmas! Adorable, right? Yup, all of them.
High-five with security for the awesomeness that is Disney. And, look. Our favorite friend Scott showed up for the second day! I was supposed to keep it a secret, but he told me... and I didn't tell anyone... and then suddenly I felt like...
SO HAPPY! And I couldn't refrain from telling everyone! And they were all thankful.
One of my favorite moments was on day 2. We were all freakishly tired so sat down on some super comfortable couches, and then Sully came by. And we sat and watched him for a good 10 minutes - he was HILARIOUS. HILARIOUS, I SAY!
Look how excited I am to be encased in that blue fur... (note: I know of at least two people who have this as their screen-saver. Maybe you should too. That's not creepy... wait. Unless you know more than one of these people, it might be creepy... back to photos.)
Thumbs-up to you, Becky. But what what WHAT is Seth doing? Okay, this brings me to a very important moment in our blog. It's called "what makes a bad picture?" In this picture we see that SETH makes it a bad picture. Or, in general, one person looking out of place.
Like in this picture. I thought we were being in Sr. Pictures. And Jon and Becky thought we were being in the top model. Scott thought he was paying for his ticket, and i think he wins for "most correct." Because they actually DID give him a ticket..AND this. (goodness, Seth... not an attractive picture). AND that game... sure, it's fun. But does it make for an attractive picture? no. NO. NO. NO.
Sleeping, and having Jon make your hair into a star fish? that also makes for horrible pictures. A star fish. Yup. Or a Simpson. (and no makeup, but that isn't the first ugly Sarah Pic on this blog, nor will it be the last... speaking of...)
This is a look of DISGUST because they created a stupid DisneyBEAR to reign over California Adventure. I don't likes it. I distrusts it. And I think it's stupid. As shown by my face in this ugly picture.
And finally... trying to be something you're not (in this case a pirate) doesn't make for a pretty picture. Go figure.
Thus ends "Ugly Picture Palooza!"
Here I was being Alice. At the White Rabbit's house. Shut up, it was awesome.
Corndogs... mmm... Have you had a corn dog from the red wagon at the end of main street? They aren't as good as, say, Honey Carmel Popcorn (which has been name-changed to say "Caramel popcorn", but is still the same lovely junk). But they are pretty darn amazing. And large. And the best corndog I've eaten. Steve Cramer, if you're reading this blog... thanks for the suggestion.
Overall, the trip was just what I needed. It was my friends. Being there for me. And having a good time.
And Jon being "super excited Jon" which we all love. :)
Thanks for stopping by, blog-readers! I've promised myself to do this more often. So let's shall.



















6 comments:
Yes, corndogs. Yes.
Oh yes, we had those corn dogs when we went, too. We missed you by only a week. How fun would that have been to run into you at the happiest place on earth?
Did you do the after hours Trick or Treat party? If not, you must go back. It's fantastic. Unlimited candy. Fun fireworks. Even more cute decorations.
Yes, let's shall! And oh MY! I have never seen that many of Seth's teeth before! That "blowing out" picture is freaky! And I like the "starfish" picture. Not even close to being worthy of an Ugly Sarah title.
mmmm. Red Wagon corndogs. One of my Disneyland food favorites.
glad you had fun-SUPER jealous. :)
Love! Abby asks me every day if we an go to disneyland "tomorrow" and I always say yes because tomorrow, when your 4, really just means sometime in the future that you don't really understand and I DO want to take her back sometime in the future. She would be jealous to know you went, but would also invite you to come with us since she will now equate your going to disneyland with HER going to disneyland!
SO jealous! Looks like you guys had an amazing time! :)
Post a Comment