NOTE: back to song titles/lyrics/quotes for titles. I understand and mostly know how to speak in correct English.
It’s freaking snowing. Again. Remember how last year I saw snow a) on one day when it snowed 4 feet in Georgia and b) when I came home for Christmas? And now I’ve seen snow a) two weeks ago when it snowed and b) today. Surely c) more to come can’t be far away.
It always seems to me that on the first “real” snow day of the year, the roads are for crazy-people only and I-15 is all but shut-down. Why is this? Because nobody remembers how to drive (I speculate. Although other options could certainly be “snowtires haven’t been applied” or “aliens.”). See? This year I have an excuse… but you, Utah Drivers, you will have no excuse when this inevitably happens.
Here is a list of things I can remember to look out for when it comes to the white, fluffy and cold weather floating from the sky.
1) Do you see these shoes? These aren’t the shoes I’m wearing, although they are remarkably similar. (foot modeling and photography by Ashley.) But they might as well be the shoes I’m wearing. Because these shoes = snow on your feet = unhappy sarahs = unhappy peoples.
2) Slow the hell down. I am serious, people. Nobody wants a car accident and if you don’t have time to slow down, you certainly don’t have time for an incident. (how is that for circular logic?) But it’s true. And also, slow when you’re walking… because too many is the day when my footprints go “step step SLLLLIIIIIDDDDEEEEEE. Tinystep tinystep tinystep.”
3) Shovel early, shovel often. This one time, I lived in a tiny little cottage-house. It was adorable. But somehow I got hoodwinked (I blame the end of summer) into not reading all the tiny print and I was supposed to shovel the walk. From the stairs, down the walk, to the sidewalk… AND THEN down the sidewalk AND AROUND THE CORNER (thanks to adorable tiny little cottage-house being on a corner). I learned how heavy snow is that winter because I am a girl, and the youngest child in my family I had no previous knowledge about things like “lawn mowing” or “snow removal.” And snow is heavy. So you’ve got to get out there before it stops snowing or else it will be ridiculous to try to shovel later. Ridiculous and tiring.
Okay, that’s all I can remember because I haven’t seen the snow in so long. It’s cold, right?
Disney post still to come (computer issues...)



2 comments:
Ha ha... tinystep, tinystep. That's so true. And regarding #3: even better - buy a snowblower. Of course, when it snowed 2 weeks ago, Tim was out of town and I've never learned how to operate said snowblower. So if it hadn't warmed up so soon and melted the snow, I would have had to shovel like a snowblower-less dummy anyway.
I'm so glad I made the b"log :) I opened it up and gasped! Ha! Those are my shoes!! I wonder what Sarah wrote.. :)" Sorry about the snow :) Hope your feet thawed!! Oh, and welcome back to Utah. :)
Post a Comment