Monday, April 12, 2010

Maybe this time I'll be lucky..

I’ve been told by SOMEONE (I’m not naming any names, but it was the same person who tried to enable my new puppy addiction on Sunday... see below) that I don’t blog anymore. Well, that is totally untrue, and only based on the fact that my blogging has gone way way down. Which has, obviously, inspired me to blog today.


There just doesn’t seem to be enough time in my day recently. I know what all of you mothers out there are saying “you have no idea.” Sure. I bet I DO have no idea. But I don’t know where my time goes. To that end, I have created a chart to show what I would do if I had more time.


ooooh no.  ooh no oh no.  I just made an awesome pie-chart of percentage of possibility of what I would do if I had an extra hour.  I'll lay out the percentages here, but I am so sad it won't upload... if you really care, let me know and i can email you a copy .
Get lazy self to the gym: 48%
Clean: 26%
Make better Dinners: 15%
Sit: 6%
Learn to Crochet: 3%
Solve the world's problems: 2%

All these "useful" time wasters are probably why I am not given more time... because I would waste that too...

Do you know what else I would do if I had more time? Buy a puppy.

The wise among you are probably saying two things right now. 1) Sarah, didn’t you buy a puppy only months ago, and talk about him incessantly? 2) Sarah, you don’t need a puppy.

Sure “wise” readers, but I have arguments against those reasons. 1) I bought my DOG-puppy, Barney, only months ago and he is adorable, but that doesn’t mean I shouldn’t add a smaller, more adorable dog to the mix and love them equally. 2) Sure, I don’t “need” a puppy, but I do want to help SAVE puppies! 3) Puppy breath. Puppies smell so good, and are so adorable, and want to camp out on your lap. (Note: Barney also wants to camp-out on my lap but since he is about 80lbs, it’s not as easy).

This weekend I was SO persuasive in my puppy addiction that Matt actually asked me if a puppy was what I wanted for my birthday. Somehow I started thinking rationally (about how I have no time, no idea where I’m going to live soon and a car that’s not big enough for two large dogs) and decided to leave the adorable puppy there for someone else to pick up and love.

And that is big news because if someone had offered me a puppy two years ago, I would have said "SOLD" right after I confirmed it wasn't from the "toy" group of the dog show.

And this leads me to the third segment of my blog… I am growing up.

  • Someone actually offered me a puppy and I turned it down for rational reasons.
  • When faced with a tax return, I am deciding where my half should go to help pay-down overall debt instead of which bedroom set I can buy (or something equally as frivolous).
  • I am not getting married on my birthday this year, so this birthday actually counts.
These things have all lead me to the “I can’t freak out about this” decision that I am growing up. Look at all those responsible decisions I made. In fact, I actually had to do “math” today and find out how old I am going to be tomorrow. When it’s your birthday and you have to wonder about how old you are going to be… you know you’re growing up.
So, what does this blog amount to? Here are your take-home questions, kids. 1) what would you do if you had an extra hour in your day? 2) How adorable are puppies? 3) What is the mental age you get to freak out when you reach (mine is 34)?

Happy growing-up, friends.

3 comments:

Carly said...

good questions.
1. I would sleep if I had an extra hour.

2. puppies are adorable my girls want a pug SO bad. Maybe when we are not living in a condo. but I do love puppies.

3. the age that freaks me out is coming upon me soon I think (I also forget my age) 30!!!

Britney said...

Um, you do realize that it's been almost a MONTH since you posted this, right?!? Where did you go?

Ashes said...

1- Who am I kidding... if I wasn't so lazy; I would have time to do what I need/want to do. Eww, ugh, I am a slug! On the other hand, if I got an extra hour of interrupted sleep I would be more productive.

2- Puppies are great, but baby breath is the best. You can't beat breast fed baby breath. Did I go too far?

3- I just passed my age and I didn't even know it. 28 was the year I thought I would have had it all. Oops. It was a little hard to swallow.