Thursday, October 22, 2009

I am a banana.

this post is short.  this post isn't fun.  and this post title isn't a song lyric, song title or movie quote.  to sum-up... this post is a little off.

Then again, I feel a little off as well.

For one, there will be no pictures (I know, totally the most important, right?  well, it might be to you, dear reader... and I care about you first).  so I will tell you what pretend pictures should be inserted.  Once I have more time, and possibly not matt's computer, and definately not a wake-up time of 6am I'll start having pictures again.

For two, I've left home.  And although I can believe for a small shiney moment that I'm vacationing, I have glimpses into "no, seriously... you don't live where your people are anymore" and that scares the hell out of me.  (insert make-believe picture of hell.  Or, if there is one, a bird flying out of the nest and catching on fire.  Don't ask me where I would find said picture, just believe it to be true, and it could happen)

For three... as I said before - this is short.  We're going to Scott Air Force Base in the morning to get our new (army) ID cards.  That means we leave before 7.  For those of you not paying attention, that is 6 MST (which is what my internal clock is set to) and it's almost midnight here.  For someone currently being paid vacation time at work, that is an awfuly early wake-up call.  (insert make-believe picture of a cartoon alarm clock trying to smash someone's head with a hammer)

Alright... if you're reading this and live in Utah, I probably love and miss you already.  Same goes for Seattle.  But not Georgia.   (insert make-believe picture of Utah with a heart around it.  Alternately an "I (heart) SL" logo (not unlike NY)).  Also, I don't know anyone in Georgia yet, so it's not like I'm offending anyone.

ooh yeah.  And for 4, this blog title goes out to Brit.  Thanks for the awesome venue for the going away party, and thanks for the movies.  (insert picture of Britney looking fabulous... this picture isn't make-believe, it's just not here...)

5 comments:

Aaron said...

You may not have meant to, but your title is a quote from a short film titled "Rejected". See www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd64zf6N9QI Twisted, hilarious stuff.

Becky Youkstetter said...

Indeed Smithers, indeed. "I live in a giant bucket!"

Beef, it's going to be ok. Maybe Georgia will be fantastic!?

Love you!

Meili said...

My spoon is too big!

Britney said...

Hee hee! Love the title! Good luck in Georgia. I'm sure it will be a wonderful place full of aligators and spanish moss and southern food!

Seattle Sister said...

Full of Alligators? Beef? Becky looks great in her Bridal photo??? Which part of this is the part you will now be missing, and why do I smell chicken cooking???

I smell the chicken because it's what's for dinner (not beef at our house) and I wanted to drop in a very public comment -- I left the home where my people are over 13 years ago (yes, that's the actual number) and not only do I feel closer to my People than ever before, I also now have People Here. You will be OK. Allow yourself to feel the Floaty Feeling for a while, and soon you'll be beyond it.

"Help, help, help - I am a summer squash, I am a baked potato." --from some play by Christopher Durang, and likely misquoted.

"I feel, I feel, I feel like a morning star -- I feel, I feel, I feel like a morning star." -- from the song the little kids sing at the library when they march forward and back in their circle.

Hang in there, dearly beloved. Your spoon will be Just Right! And then you and the other Bears can divide Goldilocks into small, medium, and large piles, and summarily eat her.