Today I received a bronze medal in Curling from the Salt Lake City 2002 Olympic Games. Did I mention in curling? because that is the best part. It's times like this it pays to have office parties with the Convention and Visitor's Bureau. Because when all the random stuff doesn't get used, it goes to one of their offices. Other fabulous prizes included Olympic Pins (that you can put your picture in), tickets to the arts festival, bobbleheads and (best) A VHS of Cool Runnings - signed by the Jamaican Bobsled Team. AWESOME!
It's amazing - I work longer hours, often on nights and weekends, and I am paid substantially less than my old position- but I am so much happier. The happiness levels of Sarah Timms have risen with a new sense of purpose and feeling trusted and respected in my position. So let this be a lesson to us all how much job satisfaction is worth in our search to pay the bills.

Also I have moved into a new house. It is pretty fabulous. Increasing the fabulousness is the bout of new people in my life. NEW new people. And OLD new people who have re-appeared in my life. People like Jonny McBride, longest-running friend. I LOVE I LOVE I LOVE meeting people, I love developing new friendships and that feeling of making a connection with another person in this world. What is infinitely more awesome, I think... is having people who already know you. They KNOW horrible and embarrassing things about your life (possibly because they were there... or because they read your journal), and they love you even more for it. In the paraphrased words of that Gay-husband Sanford: "I loved her when she wore Candies and even then she was fabulous." Jonny knew me when I wore a cream-colored sailor outfit for my school picture... and he thought I was fabulous then. It's good to know some people have already seen the bottom you can hit :)
Today (and maybe just for today...) I love my life. I like my job, and I LOVE my friends. I'm pretty awesome.
4 comments:
And you have awesome gold sparkles on your toenails.
Three thoughts:
1. Curling!? You are my official hero.
2. Friends = awesomeness. And guess what!? I am going to see you on FRIDAY!
3. Someone wise once told me that three points were better than two, so this is for you, Sarah Timms.
I love meeting new friends, also. And in addition to you shiny new medal, I'd like to present you with the award for Logan's favorite new friend for the month of June. Congratulations!
Have I told you that I absolutely LOVE that picture?!?!? I adore that picture of you! HI!
Post a Comment