And we're also back to blogs about {HIGHS} and {lows}. Mostly because it's fun. And secondly because there is so much stuff to say.
{HIGHS}
- We got to Ft. Benning safely, and found a house quickly. And it's huge. 4 bedrooms. At first I was a little bit scared that I wouldn't be able to fill them with anything. But our stuff got here in a timely fashion and... well... luckily, turns out I have a lot of stuff. - This is a house we live across the street from. Isn't it adorable? My house doesn't look like that. But it's nice to run past houses that do.
(what's that you say? You want pictures of what MY house looks like, and not just my neighbors? Please wait for another blog. A magical blog where I have actually used my camera. Man, this no iPhone is really hurting everyone. I have got to get ON that.)
- I feel just like a 1950s housewife here. Children walk to school past my house, the plumbing here was obviously around then, wives walk babies around the block all day. It's picturesque. I need a big poofy skirt and pearls.
- The weather here is great. Most days it is either mid-upper 60's. On days it isn't that, it's probably monsooning. (You know... monsooning... to monsoon?) It's rain like I've never lived in before (having lived in Utah for most of my life) and it is strangely thereputic. None of this is "fall" to me, but I'm working on "new normals."
{lows}
- the house is covered in what can best be described as tile from any given high school built between 1930 and 1970. Covered. The whole thing. You'd be surprised at how much you wish for (even ugly) carpet to dampen sounds, absorb any trace-bits of leaves that come in on your shoes and not feel so cold.- Once, again, I don't mean to point any fingers (US ARMY) but could you BE more of a jerk? I think you'd really have to put real effort into it if you wanted to achieve a higher jerkiness scale level. minus 150 points to Slytherin.
- I met someone in my neighborhood. It's my mail man, Charlie. And although I should be positive and put that on the {HIGHS} section of this email, he's the only person I've met. Not to worry, though... I'm sure my charisma and shere needyness to talk to someone while Matt is gone for days at a time will draw them to me. Or me to them. Or something. Did I mention training with the Army isn't everything we'd been lead to believe? ooh... just making sure.
Well, friends, this is me... signing off from Georgia. I think I'm going to run past the houses from "We Were Soldiers." And walk where Mel Gibson walked... *sigh*




2 comments:
Well at least you are in a place that knows how to rain. That's a good thing.
Dear Army - Eff off! Douches!
I like this post. I don't like that you have tile throughout your house. I also have lots of (semi-ugly) tile and BOY is it loud, and BOY does it show every spec of dirt! I do like that you took points away from Slytherin.
Post a Comment