{HIGHS}
- Do you know who is nice? People on Fort Campbell. Goodness, I had no idea people who worked on an army base could be happy to help, not scowl at you if you don't know where you're going, and willing to go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Three-cheers for the South actually being full of Southern Hospitality. (hooray! hooray! hooray!)
![]() |
| Thanks to this handy map, you can see where I live. It's on the Kentucky-side of Fort-Campbell in Clarksville, TN - The Gateway to the NEW SOUTH! |
- Do you know what else is nice? Not having to drive 25 minutes to get to a grocery store (minus the commesary). I can not tell you the relief and joy I feel when going three-minutes down the road will get me to anything that I need (mall, target, restaurants, grocery stores). Now an hour and a half shopping expedition is only a half-hour once more. Hooray for living where there are more than just trees. (not that I have anything against trees).
- And also, I don't hear gun-fire all day and night, which is a bonus.
- This weekend, Matt and I decided at 1:30 on Friday to make a spontaneous trip to the STL (St. Louis) and hang out with his BFF and his fabulous wife Kelly, and chill with his parents. If we'll all remember "single Sarah," taking a last-minute trip warms me to the very soul. The spontinaity of the trip, the good times we had, the fact that we were done moving and could finally relax... everything was fabulous.
- ... as was the PIZZA. We at at PI, which is reported to be Barack Obama's favorite Chicago-style pizza place. It was lovely. Had there been more cheese on the pizza (seriously... did they forget that part? Do you have to order it separately?) it would have made some sort of top-5 list for me (my dad's pizza being #1, obviously, and The Pie somewhere up-top as well).
{lows}
- Ke$ha. Can you sing? Can I stand your voice? Are you going to have a career in 3 years? I say NO to all of the above. Stupid Ke$ha. I hate her. Every time she comes on the radio, I must change it. I mean, she has a DOLLAR SIGN in her name, and her voice sounds like a mandrake. Stupid Ke$ha. I hope she is saving money wisely here before she starts her long and interesting career in real estate. Stupid Ke$ha.
![]() |
| Ke$ha. I hate her. |
- BARNEY and I had a bit of a falling-out. Wait, let me back up.... moving is hard for dogs. And when we were packing, we saw a new level of clingy. (And this leads me to speculation #45 of why our dog was in the shelter... his family was moving and they left him.) Fast-forward to a mini-trip to STL where we were playing fetch in the front yard (you know, to tire him out before the car-ride back to Kentuck). And this sweet, loyal and loving dog who hasn't been more than 3 feet away from me in weeks... ran after a TRUCK. Trust... GONE. The truck stopped, I got my dog before the truck killed him, and we went on with our lives... but as a major low to my life, my dog has even more "previously installed" issues. (what is it with him and trucks?)
- I have to say, the hardest thing for me to tackle these days is not the new-unempoyment, or humidity (I lied when I said it was better... I think it might be worse), or even the feeling that I just got confortable somewhere, and found friends and then had to leave. The hardest thing is the unknown. What is Matt going to do here? Is he being deployed? Am I moving home? Should we look for an apartment that's not this furnished rental that smells like cheap-cologne-covered-smoke? I don't know. Trust me, I'll tell you when I do. But I know I (and hope all of you) learned a valuable lesson on our long (6 month) delay on when we were moving to Fort Benning... the Army doesn't care that I don't know what's going on with my life, they just care that they get to be in charge of everything. Jerks.
Alright, friends. That's it for my today. But look how my blogging is getting more regular! Keep checking back and I'll make sure to talk about... at least possibly vaguely interesting things.






No comments:
Post a Comment