Monday, January 25, 2010

for the love of random...

Here’s what I remember from probably three viewings of “Bananas in Pajamas.” (all of which were at least a decade ago, and probably more.)


Apparently these two bananas named “B1” and “B2” are Australian and live together in a house. And they have a pretty good children’s television life. I mean, they don’t even have to change out of their pajamas (which sounds pretty awesome) and they do fun things like go on picnics. But on Tuesday they have some sort of arrangement that they chase teddy bears… or the teddy bears chase them… I’m not really sure, because my version of the theme song goes like this: BaNAnas in paJAmas are COMing down the stairs. BaNAnas in paJAmas are COMing down in pairs. BaNAnas in paJAmas are CHASing teddy bears. EVery Tuesday THEY all try to CATCH them unawares.” (I added the capitols to add dramatic downbeats.) And that makes no sense. Plus I think I’m missing a verse in the middle.


For almost no apparent reason I had the Bananas in Pajamas song stuck in my head today at work.

I thought I’d share… you know… for random-sake.

6 comments:

Kirin said...

excellent

Carly said...

not only do i remember banana's in pajama's last week my 4 year old Sofi had pajama day and they watched it she told me that and I kept trying to sing the song. ha very funny

Carly said...

oh she had a pj day at her preschool I am not a very good commenter sorry :)

Ramsey said...

LOL! I sing this song to my son at least once a day. Usually when I'm dressing him in pajamas or feeding him bananas.

Q said...

O M G!! I thought I was the ONLY one who remembered Bananas In Pajamas!!!!! I L O V E D Them! Although i think it's because it showed a homosexual relationship in a good light. It had a big positive influence on me.

Becky Youkstetter said...

Jason Berg & I have lovingly referred to each other as B1 and B2 for years now! Love it.