(man, this is even worse than when I worked in a building you couldn't take your cell phone into...)
In my defense, I'm not going to be home until like 9 tonight, so that's even more hours to be worried about, during hours of the day I actually DO get phone calls...
Anyway, I have decided to make a list of reasons to be happy today, despite the phone-misplacement. And despite how horrible all these pictures look. Anyway, come along with me on this journey.

- new shoes. And new shoes I got a bargain on. And they're cute.
- I'm getting my hair cut tonight. Let's see... last time I got my hair cut or colored was... like... forever? 18 weeks. Wow. Luckily for everyone, my hair is currently my natural hair color (plus some highlights) so it doesn't currently look horrible. But I'm looking forward to having about 3 inches worth of crap on the end cut off. (as you can see by the picture, I did my traditional "someone else is doing my hair today" and let it go however it wanted this morning... which apparently was "ugly." Again.)


- Italian Ice cart. Just one short block from my office is a cart on the street selling zero-Weight-Watchers-Points Italian Ice. It's wonderful, and I have bargained with the girls there to make up a new size for myself. Instead of being $3 for a small (3 scoops) they now give me 1 scoop for $1. That's including tax. YUM.
- Sur la Table. In planning a bridal shower for Becks, I have started going to Sur la Table a lot... to look at the kitchen, to admire the incredibly expensive kitchenware. to drool. Sur la Table is my Tiffany's. (as in breakfast at)

- Road Trip. I love road trips. and Matt and I are going on our first one this weekend. And it'll be my longest road trip ever. Luckily for Matt, I have pre-planned activities to make it bearable (mostly books on tape and leaving at like 4am). And luckily for us, we get to have an Open House to finish out our wedding festivities. Win/Win/Win.
I have no road trip picture, but to make up for it, I give you a picture of an ACTUAL dress I saw THIS WEEK at Target. Seriously?

If you're under the age of 23, or wondering for some other reason why this is horrible, here is a picture of the last ghetto 80's prom.

Do you SEE the problem?
Anyway, lots of reasons to be happy today, don't you agree?
4 comments:
1. super cute shoes
2. oh...that dress. oh.
3. you're driving!?!? yikes!
Are you driving it all in one day? I hope not. We'll actually be driving to Illinois this weekend, too. We're currently in New Mexico (no, not on the way at all), and then we're driving Friday and Saturday to Chicago. In other words: lots of driving for the Robin this week.
Have fun!
I went to Sur La Table for the first time yesterday. You're right, it's pretty much heaven! I'm certain that I could spend VERY LARGE sums of money there...too bad I just wouldn't have anywhere to put all of it:(
Just after reading your blog i ran some errands with my kiddos. One of the stops was Target where, can you beleive it, i saw the EXACT same dress right out front! Are you kidding me?!
Post a Comment